Which 10 Sativa Cannabis Strains Are Highest in THC
Sativa cannabis strains offer stimulating experiences mostly cerebral in effect. They support creativity, socializing, art, and conversation. They induce giggles and uncontrollable laughing. And, the strongest among them can edge to confusion, anxiety, and paranoia.
Here are 10 high-THC content sativa strains:
1. 33%: Bear Dance is a super-powered 70% sativa-dominant hybrid out of Humboldt Snowcap crosses with Pure Kush X Uzbeki Hashplant. Its uplifting and giggly hit provides an insanely powerful and long-lasting ride . And, it may be far too much for those predisposed to paranoia and anxiety.
Notes of lemon, spice, mint, and herbs produce big laughs and enough escape to make you forget migraines, PMS, and cramps. They love this one in Colorado, but it’s not a strain to start with.
2. 25%-32%: Chem Berry D is so easy to grow many folks are raising their own. Bred from Strawberry Diesel and Chem 4, it is listed among CannaConnection’s Top High THC strains. Its parents gave Chem Berry D a powerful taste and flavor profile with citrus, strawberry, and enough chemical diesel to make you cough.
The towering THC content to this sativa-dominant hybrid may hit you fast and hard with a happy euphoria, but it will quickly take nail your body to the couch. It may not cure, but it will help you ignore and forget chronic depression and pain.
3. 26% to 31%: Memory Loss is a sativa dominant hybrid (70: 30) with a quick intense brain toss. It will certainly make you forget your troubles, but you use Memory Loss with some risk. It’s the product of Amnesia Haze and Face Off OG. The Memory Loss Live Resin Badder by Tsunami x GT Flower took First Place in High Times for Best Sativa Concentrate in High Times’ Nevada Cannabis Cup (2019).
Various sources rate the THC as low as a still interesting 18%. If you’re looking for 31%, you should be shopping at a dispensary you trust and look for third-party testing confirmation. Memory Loss produces tropical and peppery effects and may induce dry coughing fits. You should expect a tingle around the eyes and temples before a confusing and disorienting jumble of images, sounds, and colors. This strain should never be your first cannabis experience, and it should be used in the company of others because, if the high hits hard, it will push toward panic and paranoia.
4. 28%: Ghost Train Haze is another 70: 30 sativa-dominant hybrid; this one is from Ghost OG and Neville’s Wreck. The taste and smoke are sweet and spicy as well as lemony and piney. The flavor, aroma, and impact sored big as the First Place in 2014 High Times Cannabis Cup US Sativa and the 2nd Place in 2013 High Times Cannabis Cup Medical Sativa competition.
Ghost Train Haze delivers the sativa’s high euphoria and creative energy before surrendering to its deeply relaxing Indica content. Users have sought its smooth smoking power to combat PTSD, chemotherapy nausea and pain, and depression.
5. 27%: Moby Dick clock’s in with an average of 27%, and that means it clocks in well higher at times. It holds 75% sativa packing a whale of a punch. (Full pun intended.) Moby Dick comes from White Widow and Haze for a variety of lemon, vanilla, and eucalyptus.
Moby Dick has won many awards in competitions for its seeds as well as
1st Place Sativa editions of THC in Valencia 2011
1st Place Best Sativa at Summer Cup Canarias 2011
1st Place Best Sativa at Copa del Plata 2008
Moby Dick remains a top choice among users in Colorado and Arizona. There is a risk of paranoia here, but most find it offers a powerful level of contentment and satisfaction while relieving arthritic pain, chronic fatigue, migraines, and muscle spasms.
6. 25%-26%: Apple Sherbet offers a wonderful taste experience rich with sweet and sour apples, nuts, and a touch of cheese. This is a sativa-dominant strain (70: 30) with a motivating uplift. Use it at home (not at work), and you will feel a surge of productive energy.
The strong sense of focus comes with a chatty and giggly attitude which makes it fun for parties and smoking circles. There’s no downside to the effect, so people use it to help depression, strain, and heavy headaches.
7. 24%-25%: Strawberry Cough has an unusual reputation for causing a cough. The smoke smells and tastes of fresh strawberries as does the phlegm in your cough. The Best Flower in the 2013 Cannabis Cup, the strain crosses Strawberry Fields with Haze for a potent hit.
Once you get past the initial coughing, you will experience a brain busy with racing images, thoughts, and feelings. It will lift your mood and spirit, but it won’t leave you well-focused. Users are recommending it for anxiety, depression, and nausea.
8. 24.5%: Super Silver Haze inherited its DNA from Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5, and Haze strains. Skunk, spice, and citrus deliver a cerebral and physical escape that took First Prize at the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1997, 1998, and 1999.
There’s a wicked effect here that heightens your sense of color and music, but it eventually drifts into a long-lasting body comfort easing chronic pain and fatigue, and migraines. Too powerful for first timers, you must build up to this one. However, it remains hugely popular among those looking for the powerful trip and medical benefits.
9. 20-24%: Thai represents the ideal for many veteran users. (Viet Nam vets know what I’m talking about) The taste and aroma are thick with earthy and woodsy properties over some flower and lemon. It may be appropriate that Thailand recently hosted the Inaugural World Ganja Festival.
Thai is a 100% sativa and grandparent to scores of hybrids. You can expect a powerful cerebral high, but it lifts and clarifies with big energy and creative focus. I wouldn’t use it while working, but you can use it during the day without sedation. Some use Thai to treat anxiety, fatigue, and ADHD. Available in Northwest and California dispensaries, it is a little hard to find elsewhere.
10. 18%-24%: Hawaiian Snow won High Times 1st Place for Best Cannabis in 2003 and 2nd Place in 2011, and Highlife’s 3rd Place in 2006. It’s a 100% sativa hybrid from Neville’s Haze, Pure Haze, and Hawaiian Haze. Smoke and flavor with spice and citrus is a good choice for socializing.
Hawaiian Snow will leave you exhilarated and spacey, maybe a little confused and cloudy. Body relaxation eases anxiety, mild depression, and stress with a round of giggles.
What to look for —
There are many more Sativas worth trying: Jack Herer, Durban Poison, Bruce Banner, and more. Those listed here provide great experience for many users, but they are also listed for regular users who have built up some tolerance. So, confer with your budtender to confirm the THC content and consider always using it with friends.