What are the Strongest Cannabis Strains in 2020-2021?
It could be the anxiety, stress, and depression produced by the COVID-19 pandemic, but cannabis users are still searching for high potency strains. One problem lies in accessibility. Despite the increased number of states legalizing medical and recreational cannabis, some of the strongest cannabis strains are only available in markets without national or international distribution.
However, if you are looking for the strongest cannabis strain late in 2020, you might consider shopping the following.
The strongest cannabis strains in 2020-2021
Any list of potent strains should include classics like Girl Scout Cookies and Bruce Banner, but there are competitors out there. Basically, there is one metric in this list; that is, potency is a function of the high THC count. There are other strains high in CBD, but when people talk “potency,” they are focused on the THC brain adventure. All these strains pack a real punch; some of them push your experience to the edge. They are listed here leading to the highest THC content.
10. Ghost Train Haze: At 18% THC, Ghost Train Haze is widely available and extremely popular among veteran cannabis users. The high THC level is manageable, and most veterans prefer not to push the envelop further. It hits hard and early with a creative focus following a wave of energy.
9. Chemdog (Chemdawg): The Chemdog strain offers a 19% THC euphoric punch in a flavorful mix of citrus and diesel. It reportedly relieves chronic stress with a creative focus that offsets wandering thoughts and voices. It is a great option for use among a social group.
8. Death Star: This strain has been tested at 26% THC, but it levels out at 19.5%. Some 80% Indica, it offers a diesel flavor and skunky aroma that will give you away. People use it for relief of insomnia, stress, and nausea. The medical benefits follow a clarifying energy.
7. Kosher Kush: Ghost OG, Kosher Kush, and Original Glue each hold 20% THC with varied experiences. Kosher Kush is an award winning Indica with a heavy tranquilizing influence. Ghost OG has the potency that goes with Kush genetics and hammers you with a high euphoria leading to a pleasant relaxation. And the Cannabis Cup winner Original Glue will leave you fully sedated and couch locked.
7. White Fire OG (Wi-Fi OG): Testing 21.% to 25%, White Fire OG will lift you high with a giddy euphoria and illusive creativity. A touch of diesel threads through is earthy and floral aroma and taste. White Fire OG will not relax you, so should not use it before bed.
6. The White: Named for its snow-white appearance, The White is not available everywhere. The lemon and pine effects come with a smack in the front of the head triggered by the 25% (on the average) THC content. Despite the early and heavy electric buzz, it settles into a heavily medicated benefit for reducing anxiety, stress, and pain.
5. Royal Gorilla: A CannaConnection award winner, Royal Gorilla delivers 25%+ THC. You will enjoy a short euphoric high leading to a stoner’s dream of a couch-lock sedation. It serves to erase the stress of the day and reduce sleeping disorders.
4. Green Gelato: If you like sweet flavor and aroma, you will like the Green Gelato that comes from Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Cookies. Its 25+% THC offers a total body high that resolves as a couch-lock chill for hours. Cookies Gelato has a high THC (average 25%) content, too. Also rich in taste and aroma, Cookies Gelato does present a more balanced experience than the Green Gelato.
3. Triple G (Triple Kush): Triple G cloaks its 26% to 28% THC) with rich flavors of berries and chocolate. It leaves user fully and deeply relaxed after an initial euphoria that lasts only a short time. Effects benefit those seeking therapy for stress, pain, and the nausea related to chemotherapy.
2. Hulkberry: Hulkberry holds High Times Cannabis Cup awards for its overall value. It is a successful hybrid of OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel for a balanced experience favoring its 28+% THC. Hulkberry produces a body high with a calming brain experience. Users recommend it for chronic pain, involuntary muscle spasms, loss of appetite, and migraines and cramps.
1. Godfather OG (Don of All OGs): Few strains can touch the 34% THC in Godfather OG strain. (You will find it at averaging somewhere above 28% at most dispensaries.) A High Times Award winner, the potency melts a powerful cerebral experience into a full body lock to treat anxiety, pain, and stress.
There’s even more –
There are other strains making the news. If you are in the market for high THC experiences, you might also look for Romulan Haze (20%), Where’s My Bike (26%), Island Sweet Skunk (19%), or Gorilla Zkittlez (24%).
Like those listed above, these strains trigger strong psychoactive experiences which can be risky for novice users. They are not strains to use throughout the day nor to use in connection with work. One way or another, they deliver deep body experiences that prohibit using machinery or driving vehicles. Nonetheless, these strains also produce therapeutic relief from pain, depression/stress, and symptoms related to cancer treatments, PTSD, and PMS.
These strains should not be used alone. The experience may be extreme for some, and those users would benefit from friends able to help. They also should not be the first choice for new users. The inexperienced may find these strains enjoyable and medically helpful, but they should start with small doses of the lowest THC level and titrate up as they build tolerance for the highs and lows in the experience.
As we end 2020, we hope to move well beyond the troubles we have experienced this year. There is a sense that 2021 just has to be better. One way or another, these strains can get you through the new year.