I’m back to startupQ8 ☺

I stopped writing in StartupQ8 during the last 9 months. Basically since I moved to Dubai!! I always felt bad about it, but I focused to write in Wamda so that a bigger audience can benefit from what I write. When I write in Wamda I always felt conscious of what I wrote. First of all, I know that people all over the Middle East will read it, so I spent lots of time to make it perfect (that means more work and less frequent posts). Second, when I write in Wamda I always felt that I not only represent myself, but Wamda as well, which put some pressure on me, so I can’t express my feelings freely. Moreover, I always write my articles like telling a story, that doesn’t always meet the standard at Wamda, so I need to change my writing style sometimes as well (even though Wamda always gave me freedom to write whatever I want).

I love writing in Wamda and I’ll continue writing there (if they allow me to do so), and I’ll never forget how they helped me in the early days of StartupQ8. Without them I wouldn’t have the courage to do the first startupQ8 event and would probably shutdown StartupQ8 blog long time ago.

Here are some articles I wrote in Wamda that you probably missed:

1- How leaving a comment can change your life

2- Why we moved to Dubai

3- Why we left Dubai: A story of Bahrani startup

4- How sharing your ideas can change the world

5- What’s your options moving to Dubai

6- The next payment technology is called Next Payment from Kuwait

7- What Fishfishme learned from raising their funding round

8- How a term-sheet should look like?

In short, I still love writing in Wamda, but I’ll start writing more often here in StartupQ8. So I’m back if anyone care (other than my sister).

I have so many things I want to share with you guys, below are some of the articles (and videos) I’m going to share in the next period:

1- What we did during our 2 weeks with BlackBox program in Silicon Valley

Blackbox1

Blackbox2

2- How does Silicon Valley looks like?

Silicon Valley

3- What are the coolest startups we met at Blackbox?

inegreight

4- What is Demo day? How was it?

DEmo Day

5- How was moving to Dubai going so far?

fishing in dubai

6- How did I pass the most stressful months in my life? (the first 4 months in Dubai)

want to cry

7- How did we hire our team in Dubai?

8- What is the cost living in Dubai these days? (BTW I’m almost broke as I write this article)

9-Why we decided to open an office in the US and how we are doing it?

withsim

10-The real story behind raising our funding round and why we are so lucky?

Kuwaiti investors

12-What is SEO and why it’s the most important thing you never heard about it?

13-Offline vs online marketing for an online startup?

14-What everyday tools we use here at fishfishme?

And the list goes on and on. Now if you read this post, please leave a comment with the top 3 posts you want to hear about from the list above. I still not sure how I’m going to make enough time to write about all of these things, but I promise I’ll do my best to do so.

8 Comments

1. For me??? Allllll

But if i had to select it would be

3- What are the coolest startups we met at Blackbox?

6- how did you pass the most stressfull

And the google thingy SEO

2. 1. The real story behind raising our funding round and why we are so lucky?
    2. What is the cost living in Dubai these days?
    3. How was moving to Dubai going so far?

3. Welcome back 3baid! I hope you guys had a fruitful experience :-)!

For me you know what I’d like to know about. All the stuff about this particular trip (Blackbox, Google, Demo, etc). With videos hopefully :-p.

But yeah if you have time, like MeBlogging said; all topics. Maybe alternate back and forth (once about the USA experience, and once about Dubai/others).

4. looking forward to future posts

5. As a purely technical guy, I chip in all my votes for a single topic:

14-What everyday tools we use here at fishfishme?
    14-What everyday tools we use here at fishfishme?
    14-What everyday tools we use here at fishfishme?

6. The fishfishme story gets more intriguing everyday.

Ok I want to know:

Why we decided to open an office in the US and how we are doing it?

The real story behind raising our funding round and why we are so lucky?

The real story behind raising our funding round and why we are so lucky?

i’m seeing a lot of comments before me, but only one follow up post! So at least give us the short answers 🙂

All the best! You’re an inspiration mate!

• Hala bil habib,

First, congrats on the first post, will read it soon 🙂

Wala ya 7ajii life is starting to get so stressful, very hard to find time to write. With these competitors popping everywhere, now I’m kind of more worried to share some stuff online as usual. Man they spend nights and hours in our website and copying many stuff. I think we should stay one step forward before I start sharing everything openly. Still will continue posting man, but maybe will skip some parts that I promised to post about. Of course willing to tell you all of our secrets when we meet soon inshaalah.

• You definitely got to be a little careful now that your competitors understand the potential of this idea/ market. On the bright side, emerging competition is great validation, sometimes.

Haha yes I’ll get the inside scoop from you next time we meet, hopefully next Monday if you’re around!

Always looking forward to your next post, they never fail to educate.