Ahead of his upcoming talk at the next StartupQ8 event, we sat down for a quick chat with Haider Al-Mosawi on his favorite subject (and one of ours): How to design successful and engaging apps from a user experience perspective. Haider is taking suggestions for User Experience walkthroughs, so if you have a favorite app you want him to discuss, please let us know in the comments (or via Twitter).
All posts for the month November, 2013
Posted by mijbel on November 30, 2013
Our event this month is user experience oriented. If you have an app or a website, this month’s guest can help you improve your user experience. Here’s the details:
7:30 – 8:10 User Experience expert Haider Al-Mosawi will offer his views and suggest improvements for your favorite apps and websites. If you want a breakdown of your app’s User Experience, let him know.
8:10 – 8:20 Mini-break
8:20 – 9:00 An interview with an entrepreneur: This month, we will interview Masahati.com co-founder Ahmad Al Gharabally.
9:00 – 9:30 Networking
More details to come. In the meantime, check out our meetup page.
Posted by mijbel on November 26, 2013
..and we have some free tickets to give away.
ArabNet Riyadh is the biggest digital event in Saudi Arabia, and one of the biggest in the Middle East. The generous folks at ArabNet want to involve the Kuwaiti startup community in the event so they got in touch, and we’re happy to announce we have some free tickets for you guys (more details at the end of this post). Here are some of the speakers at this year’s event:
- Omar Soudodi, Managing Director from PayFort, will be sharing his insights about e-payment in the Kingdom; while Yannick Theler, Managing Director at Ubisoft, will offer his perspective on gaming in the Arab region, with a focus on the Saudi market.
- The status of YouTube Channels in Saudi Arabia is one of the hottest topics that will be discussed in the event. Wael Attili, Creative Founder of Kharabeesh, and Abdulaziz Al Shalan, Marketing Manager at C3 Films are among the speakers who will discuss how online video is gaining popularity in Saudi Arabia and how to grow and monetize video production.
- Take a look at the latest group of speakers who will partake in ArabNet Riyadh this December 3-4 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- There will be panels and presentations on: video monetization, digital brand management, Instagram commerce (!), gaming, e-payments, entrepreneurship and investing in technology.
The presentations, panels and networking at previous ArabNet events I’ve attended have been great. If you’re an entrepreneur, developer or somehow involved in the tech startup value chain, you should consider attending this event, especially since you can make it there for free.
If you’d like a free ticket to the summit, take 30 seconds to do the following:
- Become a member of our mailing list by clicking here and filling in your details. This shouldn’t take more than 15 seconds.
- Send us an email (from the same email address you registered in Step 1). Make sure to include your full name.
- We’ll pick winners randomly and contact them by Wednesday November 27 2013.
Here are the rules:
- You have to be a StartupQ8 member.
- The competition is for a ticket to attend the conference only. You have to take care of your travel, lodging, etc.
- ArabNet rules and policies for tickets and attendance apply. Check the conference website for details.
- The conference will be held in Arabic, so make sure you brush up on your Arabic skills.
Posted by mijbel on November 24, 2013