10 Most Popular Cannabis Strains of 2019
We’re nine months into 2019, and they’re still bringing strains to market. Farms are multiplying and popping up in different parts of the country. Competition remains fierce in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. But geneticists on the east coast, mid-west, and California are creating new adventures.
Increasingly sophisticated genetics are increasingly driving the marketplace taking strain development out of the hands of home farmers. And dispensaries a looking for more and more innovation and supply.
Here are the 10 most popular new cannabis strains of 2019:
- Bear Dance: Bear Dance goes well after dinner or in a smoking circle. Dispensaries market this 70: 30 Sativa dominant hybrid as a daytime option, but it can be sedating. It delivers a staggering 33% THC with a fast and lasting hit. You’ll laugh and giggle, but it can push some to paranoia. Fruit, berry, vanilla, lemon, and more notes flavor your taste and nose. People use it to treat cramps, depression, migraines, and PTSD.
- Bubble Jack: Bubble Jack crosses legendary Bubble Gum and Jack Herer for a complex experience. It’s another 70: 30 Sativa high hybrid with THC testing above 25%. Bubble Jack continues the fruity chewing gum aromas shifting to the Jack Herer earthy and woody pine finish. It starts with a quick euphoria before a gentle relaxation washes over you. Users like it for treating chronic pain, depression, and migraines.
- Lilac Diesel: With 20% THC and negligible CBD, Lilac Diesel is not your usual diesel. The flavors and aromas are complex and ill-defined, as subtle and confusing as wine grapes. It will move you past an energetic hit into a groggy intoxication full of giggles and munchies. This is not for new users or medical patients. It will lift mood, relax, and ready you for bed.
- MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies): The Alien Cookies strain was bred with a combination of Colombian x Starfighter to produce a perfectly balanced strain boasting up to 20% THC. It produces a pleasant measured high and super floral and orange zest flavors over musky and dank citrus for blissful and relaxing influences on stress and chronic pain.
- Master Hemp: It took three years to produce this 70: 30 Sativa-dominant hybrid with 16% CBD. That’s right; Master Hemp is bred to have a CBD: THC ratio of 32: 1 for a fully relaxing but clearheaded high with sweet lemon scents and flavors. Users jump to purchase this blend for treating appetite loss, autism, chronic pain, headaches, glaucoma, and stress.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: This is another balanced hybrid with a modest 18% THC resulting from crossing SinMint Cookies and Green Ribbon BX. The cross has enriched the chocolate influences with something more mocha and exotic spices. The mint leaves a cool tingle over its earthy flavors. It acts quickly with uplifted energy before phasing into a sedating relaxation treating appetite loss, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, depression, and headaches.
- PB Soufflé: Peanut Butter Soufflé is the result of extensive focused genetics control. It crossed Do-Si-Dos and Lava Cake for its sweet scents and nutty flavors. It’s so new, the THC count is still in testing. But users report relief from depression, headaches, and the pressure on glaucoma in a euphoric and sleepy condition.
- Pineapple Punch: This Sativa-dominant hybrid (75: 25) tests to 15% THC offset by 1% CBD. Despite the moderate THC level, Pineapple Punch creates anxiety and paranoia in even seasoned users. It crosses Real McCoy with Skunk #1 for an electric and urgent jolt before drifting into a swimming daze. It will subdue depression and spasms but being couch-locked may not be your best way to go.
- Scooby Snacks: There are several versions of Scooby Snacks that all begin with Girl Scout Cookies. Clocking in at 22% THC, one perfectly balanced hybrid comes from Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and Face Off OG. Nonetheless, it produces a hammering high you’ll feel in the front of the head before leaving you tingly and sedated. It treats anxiety, chronic pain, depression, and appetite loss with crazy munchies.
- Wedding Crasher: Wedding Crasher starts with a fragrant beautiful plant created by Symbiotic, known for their breeding of intensely and pleasantly flavored and aromatic strains. This one tastes like Wedding Cake with the Purple Punch grape notes of cake filling. A Sativa-dominant (70: 30) creation, it tests to a potent 21% THC for a potent hit that lifts and motivates. Long-lasting, it’s recommended to chronic stress and depression, inflammation, and nausea and appetite loss. Wedding Crasher is mellow, fruity, and memorable.
Popular cannabis strains of 2019 — so far!
What goes unnoticed is the press to develop a product that serves two coinciding markets: recreation and medicine. Few strains are markedly one or the other. Each of those listed here offers a significant psychoactive experience while also offering dramatic therapeutic effects. The happy outcome from the providers’ point of view is they can sell in either market.